Changing lives by loving God and loving others.
We understand that the change God desires to bring into our lives and into the lives of those in our community and around the world is a change from the old sinful way of life to a life that is best described as holy or Christlike. We believe God not only wants to forgive us of our sins but also to empower us through his Holy Spirit to live differently and become more Christlike every day. In 1 Thessalonians 4:7 we are told, “God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives.” It is out of this understanding of the change that God wants to bring that all our core values flow.
Our CORE VALUES
Below are our 6 core values. Under each core value is the strategy, or program that will fulfill that core value. Our core values will not change, but because God is always doing a new thing, how we fulfill our core values may change from time to time.
1. Worship. Passionate Corporate Worship & teaching the practice of Spiritual Disciplines (private worship)
2. Invest in people locally and globally and share Christ with them· Locally - Invest & invite (build relationships with people and invite them to church). Globally - support missions work through world evangelism giving and short term mission projects.
3. Connect believers in meaningful relationships· Growth Groups (Groups of 12-16 that meet throughout the week to grow in relationship with one another and with Christ. We believe that this is where real life change happens)
4. Serve others in and out of the church· Ministry Teams & Serving Community - We are committed to not being a Church of spiritual consumers, but a Church full of servants for Christ and others!
5. Provide dynamic life changing ministry to children and teens· God’s Little Giants, Under The Sea, Ark, Konnect, Caravan, Quizzing, & DIVE Youth - We believe that children and teens are not just the future of the church, but that they are an important part of the church Now!
6. Strengthen families to become Christ Centered Units.
Family Fun Nights, Family Skills Classes (Parenting, Financial Peace...), Seasonal Events (Fall Festival, Easter Egg Hunt, Family Camp...)
Jesus was once asked what the greatest commandment was.
Matthew 22:37-40 “ 37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. 40 The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”
At Redland Church of the Nazarene we are on a journey to learn to love God with all of our heart, soul, and mind and to love our neighbor as ourselves. We hope that you will come and join us on this incredible journey.
All services held on the campus of
Rainbow Christian Academy
22940 Old Dixie Hwy
(Nursery care is available for all services)